Friday, May 27, 2011

What's Next

The Made to Crave sessions are over.  I was ready for the summer break but I can't help but wonder what's next.

I didn't lose a whole lot over the past seven weeks. But I gained a whole lot.

I gained six powerful words that encourage me and keep me focused and on track.

Determination, Empowerment, Truth, Peace, Beneficial and Courageous

I gained a fresh perspective about food and the importance it's had on humanity since the beginning of time. I was made to consume food, food should never consume me.

I gained some powerful Bible verses to add to my arsenal of weapons against this on-going battle of the bulge. I have circled this mountain long enough. I'm heading north.

I've gained confidence about who I am in Christ. God wants to use this struggle to bring me closer to Him. I was made to crave God, not food.

I gained a whole bunch of new Jesus Girl friends!

I can't wait to see what's next.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks again, Bette. This study into our relationship with food and God's power to "deal" with it gave me a brand new understanding and truth about my struggle. I am still a work in progress and I will continue to let God work this out in me. I love the freedom that this truth brings! Amen, Sisters!!

    -Jesus Girl Lindsay (Under Construction)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you were part of the class and I can't wait to see what's next for you too!!

    BTW - You are one of the prettiest "Under Construction" projects I've ever known!!

    ReplyDelete