Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Measurable Goals

One of the things I've learned from leading these Bible studies that are focusing on weight loss and living a healthy lifestyle is that I need goals.

Short-term goals that are easily measured, that will give me small victories along the way that will encourage me to stay focused on the long-term goal of being health and getting off meds for high blood pressure and cholesterol and avoiding Type II Diabetes.

I know I'm not defined by a number on the scale or a size in my waistband. Yet, there is a great sense of victory for me when I put on pants that I bought last summer and I'm starting to look like one of the boys in da 'hood.

I love putting them on and the freedom I feel. Not necessarily freedom from the tight waistband (although that's nice), it's freedom from the quilt and shame I've been carrying with all that extra weight.

My friend Carolyn told me today that I needed to get some new pants.  It might be time.



But
I'm
not
ready
for
spandex
yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment