Thursday, March 10, 2011

Take THAT Aetna!

     For the past few months I've been receiving letters from Aetna, my medical insurance provider, telling me that it was very likely that I had developed diabetes and I needed to see my physician to help me control the disease.
     I was annoyed with the insurance company that they would presume to know what's best for me.
     Of course they didn't realize that I have been steadily losing weight with the FP4H class (18 pounds now!), I've been exercising regularly and I've eliminated most of the refined sugars and unhealthy fats from my diet.
     However Aetna should know that I see my Dr. for regular check-ups and she is diligent in monitoring my blood stats — they pay the claims.
   Yesterday was my scheduled annual visit to the Dr. and all of my blood tests revealed a drastic improvement from a year ago.  My blood pressure was normal, and for the first time since my cholesterol levels have been monitored my totals were well below 200, and the best news ever was that my blood sugar was well within normal limits! Yea me!
     My Dr. mentioned the letters she had received from Aetna informing her that I was diabetic and that she should change up my meds to treat the disease.
     She commented, "They are acting like I'm not doing a good job treating you!"as she pulled four letters from the file and threw them away.
     How cool is that, that I've been freed from the threat of diabetes, even my medical file is getting thinner and Aetna will have to dream up something else to worry about!

No comments:

Post a Comment