Friday, March 25, 2011

Weeds in my garden

Some people would look at this dandelion and see salad. No thanks. There are dogs who regularly pass by the backyard.

Some people would look at the yellow flower and think it's was intentionally planted. It wasn't.

I don't want to admit how many times I've tried to dig it up, but it keeps coming back because I didn't get all of the root, apparently it's very deep.

The same could be said about sin in my life.

Many of my thistles are revealed on a daily basis to everyone who knows me.

The sins I commit aren't 'biggies' that would garner national attention. They are usually small petty things like pride, anger, bitterness and over eating — things that blend in with the people around me so it looks normal and in place.

Every day I try to avoid gossip. I try to treat others like I want to be treated. I try to make wise food choices. I try to bring honor to God by my words and actions.

Every day I try, yet the dandelions in my life keep coming back because I can't dig deep enough to get to the root of my problem.

Then of course I'm reminded "Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit," says the Lord Almighty.

It's only by the power of the Holy Spirit that the sin in my life will be corrected and some day completely eradicated.

And knowing that "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Encourages me to keep digging, keep trying, because I want to look the very best on the inside and outside for the One who saved me.

No comments:

Post a Comment