Thursday, September 6, 2012

If it were only that simple

The second night of the new fall class and it was already half the size we started with... and I'm not referring to the numbers on the scales.  Two class members knew they would be out and gave me a heads up about missing.  I get that. We have busy lives.

Two class members were out because of illness.  Again, I get that.

But three class members were missing in action with no explanation.

According to the 'grapevine' two of the three who dropped were disappointed in the class.  It wasn't what they were expecting.  They wanted someone to TELL them what to do and then they would do it and they would magically lose weight. Problem solved.

If it were only that simple.  I wish I had some magical solution to obesity.  I don't.  However, with this program I do have practical solutions that will help all of us achieve balance in our physical, emotion, mental and spiritual health.

The problem of course is that in order to benefit from the practical solutions you have to have a head and heart ready to RECEIVE them so you can APPLY them.  You have to have to be willing to PERSEVERE when things don't go as you hoped they would.

First Place 4 Health isn't for everyone. I know that.  It's hard. I know that. It takes time. I know that.

I don't need someone telling me what I need to do to lose weight.  I already know that too.

I just need the support, accountability and encouragement from the ladies in the Wednesday night circle. I need the help and comfort of God to keep me focused and motivated.  I need to press on!

What I do in the middle of this journey will determine how well I finish.


No comments:

Post a Comment