Sunday, September 30, 2012

Where to next?

When I first started riding my bike, I didn't wander to far from home because I didn't trust my legs to get me back home.

For the past year it seems like each time I go out for a ride I venture a little further from home because I've built up my leg muscles and my confidence.

My ride today took me further than I've ever gone by myself. When I turned around at the 9 mile mark I had no doubt that I could bet back home without having to call for the Sag Wagon (Glenn and his Jeep).

While I was out on a wonderful country road with cotton fields surrounding me and hawks soaring above, I thought about my spiritual muscles. Each small step of faith prepares me for the next step. My confidence grows as I learn to trust God to take me where He wants me.

When I'm riding I encounter hills and other obstacles; I get tired and hot; I can get hurt, but the reward for my effort is paying off.

The same can be said about stepping out in faith and obeying God. I will encounter obstacles (though it's not likely I could get hurt while leading a First Place 4 Health Bible study); and I certainly get tired, but as I learn to trust God, I'll get stronger and go further and He'll be able to use me in ways I could never imagine possible.
No speed record, but 19.26 miles is my personal best for distance!

No comments:

Post a Comment