Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Encouraging words

Deuteronomy 30:11 Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach.


I've pondered this verse for two weeks now and decided to look at it in it's context.


God was telling His people that they needed to obey Him. If they did, life would be full and prosperous for them.  If they didn't, things weren't going to go well.


That verse is as relevant today as it was then.


When it comes to my weight and over-all health, if I continue to ignore the number on the scale I'm not being obedient to God and His plan for me. My health will suffer and my life will be limited and maybe even shortened.


It would be easy to get discouraged, except when I focus on the central theme of the verse.  Nothing God commands of me will be too difficult or beyond my reach.


Note: He didn't promise it wouldn't be difficult, He promised it wouldn't be too difficult; and He is telling me that I'll have to reach for what I want, it won't be handed to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment