Thursday, January 27, 2011

It's a God thing

We were missing a few people in the group last night.  It's to be expected.  We all have a lot to juggle in our day-to-day lives and sometimes we drop something to keep the rest of our 'stuff' in the air.


This is only the second FP4H class I've led, but I'm pretty sure it's typical in any weight-loss class for some to drop out when the numbers on the scale aren't moving much.


The FP4H class is set apart from other weight-loss programs because the focus is on Christ — and keeping Him the center of our spiritual, emotional, mental and physical life. When we begin to acknowledge WHAT God expects of us and we DO it because we understand WHY it's so important, the journey to a happier and healthier life is made easier.


The journey is easier for another reason. We aren't alone.  When we attend the meetings we discover others, just like ourselves, with similar struggles and obstacles. And with similar victories.


After spending a few hours at home with the Bible study and God's Word each week, your heart is prepared to hear something that someone else is willing to share on class night.  Those words of encouragement or advice will resonate in your mind and in your heart and will give you the strength and self-control to make wise choices the coming week.


An email from Kim proves my point,  "Hi, the week is going well.  I'm finding that more than anything, this program is giving me will power.  My diets usually only last a few hours, until that first big temptation.  It's like before I felt like the only person who was disappointed was me, now I'm seeing that my disobedience dishonors God, and that's not what I aim to do. Thanks!"


Or when Becky shared last night that she was ready to give up on the class when the Bible verse this week about making a vow and sticking with it changed her mind and her heart.

Or when Barbara told us about the Zumba, she was planting the seeds of motivation for others to try it.

We aren't designed to be alone. We need God and we need each other to reach our goal.





No comments:

Post a Comment