Thursday, January 13, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to Scaling Back!

The idea of a blog came to me this morning.  I spent most of my quiet time trying to come up with a clever title.  So much for that — it is what it is.


I'm constantly coming across a good devotional, a helpful tip or a new recipe that I want to share with everyone but I don't want to bomb bard you with emails and our class time is precious.  I know you're busy and I don't want to be a pest.  A blog might be the solution.  It's passive.  You can come to it when you want, and you can comment when you like.

It will also be an outlet to share some of my thoughts.

For instance you should know that I find it very humbling that I am leading a group on becoming a well balanced person.  I joke often that the only difference between you and me is that I'm one week ahead of you in the book.  But actually there are days that's not even true.  I'm struggling with the exact same issues that you face each day, finding time to complete my Bible study, filling out my Live-It Tracker, keeping up with my prayer journal, exercising, yada, yada, yada...

I've had the conversation with God that has gone something like this, "Dear God, are you SURE you want ME to lead this group?  There are so many others that are way-more qualified...shouldn't they at least be a size 10 to be a leader?"

But just when self-doubt starts to take over, something or someone comes along to remind me of God's Promise, "Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach."

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the blog!Thanks for all the encouraging words(even YOU struggle???)You are,and will always be the perfect person God picked to lead this group of crazy people!!

    ReplyDelete