Sunday, January 16, 2011

Making the effort to just show up

My hour with the kids at the D.O.C.K. this a.m. was good, but I didn't feel like I contributed that much.  My hour in worship was o.k. too, but I didn't leave with a clear vision how I could apply the message I had just heard.  As I drove home I told God that I was feeling empty.

When I got home an email from my daughter, Jody was waiting for me, "Come to Elevation tonight for worship... the message is awesome..."

I immediately crafted a thanks but no thanks response.  I had a half-dozen good excuses for sending my regrets.

But I didn't press send.

Hadn't I just told God that I needed something to fire me up, inspire me, to guide me???  What's up with that.  He answers a prayer and I shrug it off because it would be easier to put on my p.j.s and watch t.v.?

It was settled. I was going to drive up to Elevation and hear the guest speaker from Australia's Hillsong Church, Christine Caine.

Her message was amazing and especially relevant to where I am in my life right now on so many levels.

I couldn't begin to do justice to the intense message she delivered.  But for starters, I need to embrace my space, stay where God has planted me. Even the most insignificant jobs are used to build the Church. I am being prepared for the next step.  My part in His plan is to show up and do the job that He's given me.

I'm so glad I made the choice to show up.  I was encouraged. I was blessed.

Now I'm ready for the p.j.'s...

No comments:

Post a Comment